youtube

linkedin

google-plus

facebook

vk

Вход

Alias HELP

Добро пожаловать, Гость
Пожалуйста Вход или Регистрация.    Забыли пароль?

Help needed from the master!
(1 чел.) (1) Гость
ВнизСтраница: 1
Сообщения темы: Help needed from the master!
Help needed from the master! 12 г. назад Репутация: 0
Hi kodg et al,

I've been trying for a long now to create a certain type of inlets for the aircraft in the attached 3dm file. The closest real life example of what I'm aiming for is the inlets of the f-80 (see picture). Could you give me some guidance please?

Thanks.
Прикрепленный файл
Имя файла: inlet_problem.zip
Размер файла: 186597
n1k0l4s
n1k0l4s
Fresh Boarder
Постов: 5
graphgraph
Пользователь в оффлайне Кликните здесь, чтобы посмотреть профиль этого пользователя
Последнее редактирование: 07.03.2012 01:07 Редактировал n1k0l4s.
Для добавления сообщений Вы должны зарегистрироваться или авторизоваться

Re:Help needed from the master! 12 г. назад Репутация: 2
first step is to create a solid. it should be closed from both sides

second step is to create an air intake as a solid tube too, and move it a lil bit into the first solid

then go to solid > fillet edge > fillet edge and fillet the edge of the airintake

now the most important step: go to solid > boolean two objects and select the both solids you have created before, by rhight clicking the mouse you can choose which part of this operation you need...should looking like at the link...

now create another one tube as a solid an skew it a lil bit. then place it llike at the pic. it should intersect with the other solids you have created before

now do again the boolea operation of two objects like in the step 4

thats the way i would do that. of course its no exactly the shape you has, but with a litle more work you can reach it.....
Nomad
Nomad
Expert Boarder
Постов: 141
graphgraph
Пользователь в оффлайне Кликните здесь, чтобы посмотреть профиль этого пользователя
Последнее редактирование: 07.03.2012 19:14 Редактировал Nomad.

Re:Help needed from the master! 12 г. назад Репутация: 0
Hey Nomad,
Thanks so much for the reply, but that's not quite what I'm looking for. What I want is the bottom surface of the inlet (let's call it floor) to fade out into the fuselage and also have a nice round lip that follows the floor and also fades out; kind of like the f-80 in the picture in post1.
The pics below might give you a better idea of what I'm talking about. As you can see I can build the outer surfaces but I can't make the inner ones the way I want them and have a closed solid.
To make things even more difficult I need the face of the inlet to have an area of about 1500mm^2.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!
n1k0l4s
n1k0l4s
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Последнее редактирование: 08.03.2012 02:02 Редактировал n1k0l4s.

Re:Help needed from the master! 12 г. назад Репутация: 0
HI
I think I did it! I got great help from kod-g's tutorial about modelling 8 huds. I think it was the sixth one.

n1k0l4s
n1k0l4s
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Последнее редактирование: 21.03.2012 16:38 Редактировал n1k0l4s.

ВверхСтраница: 1
Модераторы: kodg
kodg-3d.com
kodg-3d.com
Seo анализ сайта